Svalbard has been one of our flagship models in the X-Trem category since 1999, and is probably one the world’s most experienced expedition tents.
Proven itself on the North Pole, South Pole, Greenland and the world’s highest mountains, Svalbard can be described as a master of expeditions. Few other tents have so many merits and are so well known from the base-camp as our Svalbard. Materials and details have been thoroughly tested.
Its construction combines the best from dome and tunnel tents, and withstand the harshest conditions. The dome makes the tent extra stabile in strong winds, but also provides more space and height inside, which increases the comfort level when weather-bound or generally spend loads of time inside the tent.
This new PRO version of Svalbard has the same strong fabric, with 20 kg tear-strength, but is 600 gram lighter.
A very good choice for longer winter trips and tough conditions with strong winds – but also ideal all year round for those who value an extra level of comfort.
- Dome and tunnel tent combination
- 360° inner tent opening design, zipper and full width mesh vents
- Internal storage pockets for easy organization
- The Helsport AirFlow II® ventilation system ensure more fresh air, better quality sleep and increased
air circulation which reduces condensation
- Patented pole cup and color-coded poles/ channels make the tent fast and easy to pitch
- Unique internal pole channel system that provide better wind stability and less vibration/noise in
- Guy line points with integrated elastic webbing to collect and prevent the guy lines from
Packed Size: 20x42 cm
Tent Weight: 3.9 kg
Pegs Weight: 260 g
Pole Length: 2x378 + 2x310 cm
Accessories: Rep Kit (+150g) - fabric, needle, thread, repair sleeve and extra pole segment
Fabric Outer Tent: 40D Helsport Superlight® 1000, 3000 mm
Fabric Inner Tent: 30D Polyester Ripstop WR
Fabric Floor: 70D Polyamide SI, 5000mm
Poles: DAC Featherlite NSL (36 cm sections)
Tamarack Customer Service